Executive Assistant-Tax Department
We are Vine Dahlen, a CPA firm based in Lynnwood. We have been providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to closely held companies and not-for-profit clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S. for over 50 years and are a leader in our community. We started as a small one-person firm in 1964 by Ann Vine, who was one of the first female public accountants in Washington State. When she was joined by Ron Dahlen in the early 1970s, Vine Dahlen was born. We remain a diverse group of enterprising professionals today.
Our mission at Vine Dahlen is to enrich the lives of our clients, team members and communities where we work and live. For our clients, we differentiate ourselves by providing individual attention, continuity of engagement team members, and a blend of technical and practical expertise to create innovative and proactive solutions. For our team, we strive to foster an environment of opportunity and collaboration that provides a place to grow. Our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Responsiveness, Flexibility, Innovation and Optimism drive all that we do.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team in. In this role, you will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the members and managers of specific departments. The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for additional administrative duties such as receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings for executives. Activities are supervised by the Office Manager and department managers.
- Conduct process improvement research and implementation including software, managing deadline processes, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and directing clerical functions.
- Oversee printing, organization, and assembly of tax returns according to Firm procedures, including client contact for specific procedures.
- Track and perform electronic filing service for tax returns, extensions, and deadlines.
- Oversee/monitor setting appointments with clients and large group meetings.
- Direct the preparation of monthly invoicing process and reports used in Firm’s financial reporting procedures.
- Issue the postings of accounts receivable.
- Provide communication with both clients and team members, acting as liaison to partners/managers of the tax department as directed./li>
- Direct the setting up of new clients in all software programs as needed.
- Maintain the ordering and upkeep of all department specific forms, software, reading, research publications, and office equipment.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Minimum of 2 years of Executive Assistance experience; or 4+ years of experience in a related position preferably in public accounting.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational and time management skills; able to work independently and complete projects on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with word processing, filing and records systems, office procedures and terminology, and administrative software systems.