Senior Audit Accountant
SALARY: $75,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
We are Vine Dahlen, a CPA firm based in Lynnwood. We have been providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to closely held companies and not-for-profit clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S. for over 50 years and are a leader in our community. We started as a small one-person firm in 1964 by Ann Vine, who was one of the first female public accountants in Washington State. When she was joined by Ron Dahlen in the early 1970s, Vine Dahlen was born. We remain a diverse group of enterprising professionals today.
Our mission at Vine Dahlen is to enrich the lives of our clients, team members and communities where we work and live. For our clients, we differentiate ourselves by providing individual attention, continuity of engagement team members, and a blend of technical and practical expertise to create innovative and proactive solutions. For our team, we strive to foster an environment of opportunity and collaboration that provides a place to grow. Our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Responsiveness, Flexibility, Innovation and Optimism drive all that we do.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Auditor to join our team. In this senior-level role, you will learn and ultimately be responsible for delivering quality audit and accounting services to our clients, including planning and execution of audits, reviews, compilations and other accounting projects.
- Be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day “in-charge” duties of planning, fieldwork, and “wrap-up” of attest engagements. Documenting, validating, and testing client financials while applying most areas of GAAP.
- Draft financial statements with disclosures, including writing comments for management letters.
- Responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information.
- Executes a wide variety of testing/procedures and accurately interprets results against set defined criteria.
- Able to supervise and train other team members.
- Applies internal control concepts in a wide variety of client settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understands the financial, operational, and compliance risks which affect client activities; demonstrates the ability to identify and appropriately measure those risks; and formulates recommendations which are appropriate, practical, and cost-effective.
- Consistently documents relevant facts and information to support the work performed and conclusions drawn so other reviewers can follow the auditor’s logic and methodology.
- Completes work with limited instructions yet knows when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets.
- BS/BA in accounting or similar undergraduate degree, Master’s in Accounting preferred
- 2-6 years of experience in public accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP experience
- CPA License, preferred
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Excellent time management, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Work style that promotes positive relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a way anyone can understand