We are Vine Dahlen, a CPA firm based in Lynnwood. We have been providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to closely-held companies and not-for-profit clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S. for over 50 years and are a leader in our community. We started as a small one-person firm in 1964 by Ann Vine, who was one of the first female public accountants in Washington State. When she was joined by Ron Dahlen in the early 1970s, Vine Dahlen was born. We remain a diverse group of enterprising professionals today.
Our mission at Vine Dahlen is to enrich the lives of our clients, team members and communities where we work and live. For our clients, we differentiate ourselves by providing individual attention, continuity of engagement team members, and a blend of technical and practical expertise to create innovative and proactive solutions. For our team, we strive to foster an environment of opportunity and collaboration that provides a place to grow. Our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Responsiveness, Flexibility, Innovation and Optimism drive all that we do.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join our team. In this role, you will act as the liaison between the client, the Member (Partner) and the team and will be responsible for all phases of an engagement.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse group of private companies
- Manage a portfolio of clients and act as the main point of contact to build and manage relationships with clients, business associates and team members
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Identify and resolve business and tax issues, conduct comprehensive tax research and provide proactive recommendations
- Follow the progress of work during an engagement in relation to budgeted time and scheduled dates of completion and review the work to anticipate questions or problem areas
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
- Manage and mentor a team of tax professionals on client engagements
- BS/BA in accounting or similar undergraduate degree, masters in tax preferred
- Active CPA license
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in client management, tax planning and compliance, tax research and staff training
- Expert understanding of accounting and tax principles and concepts
- Excellent time management, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Work style that promotes positive relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a way anyone can understand
We offer a flexible work environment, great opportunities for advancement, along with a competitive compensation and benefits plan. This includes a generous PTO plan; medical, vision, dental, short and long term disability and life insurance; retirement plan; and reimbursement for continuing education, professional licensing and professional memberships.