Senior Tax Accountant
SALARY: $75,000 – $120,000 a year
We are Vine Dahlen, a CPA firm based in Lynnwood. We have been providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to closely-held companies and not-for-profit clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S. for over 50 years and are a leader in our community. We started as a small one-person firm in 1964 by Ann Vine, who was one of the first female public accountants in Washington State. When she was joined by Ron Dahlen in the early 1970s, Vine Dahlen was born. We remain a diverse group of enterprising professionals today.
Our mission at Vine Dahlen is to enrich the lives of our clients, team members and communities where we work and live. For our clients, we differentiate ourselves by providing individual attention, continuity of engagement team members, and a blend of technical and practical expertise to create innovative and proactive solutions. For our team, we strive to foster an environment of opportunity and collaboration that provides a place to grow. Our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Responsiveness, Flexibility, Innovation and Optimism drive all that we do.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for compliance, planning, research and other tax consulting projects to deliver quality tax services for our clients.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse group of private companies
- Participate in client engagements by providing business and individual tax services; identify and resolve business and tax issues, conduct comprehensive tax research and provide proactive recommendations and tax planning ideas to the Vine Dahlen team
- Prepare and/or review complex returns, including federal, state and local tax returns
- Set up and manage time budgets on engagements and direct the work of team members to meet those budgets
- Supervise, train and mentor other team members
- BS/BA in Accounting or similar undergraduate degree, Masters in Tax preferred
- CPA preferred; if not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Solid understanding of tax principles and concepts, tax law and research
- Excellent time management, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Work style that promotes positive relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a way anyone can understand
We offer a flexible work environment, great opportunities for advancement, along with a competitive compensation and benefits plan. This includes a generous PTO plan; medical, vision, dental, short and long term disability and life insurance; retirement plan; and reimbursement for continuing education, professional licensing and professional memberships.