SALARY: $70,000.00 – $110,000.00
We are Vine Dahlen, a CPA firm based in Lynnwood. We have been providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to closely held companies and not-for-profit clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S. for over 50 years and are a leader in our community. We started as a small one-person firm in 1964 by Ann Vine, who was one of the first female public accountants in Washington State. When she was joined by Ron Dahlen in the early 1970s, Vine Dahlen was born. We remain a diverse group of enterprising professionals today.
Our mission at Vine Dahlen is to enrich the lives of our clients, team members and communities where we work and live. For our clients, we differentiate ourselves by providing individual attention, continuity of engagement team members, and a blend of technical and practical expertise to create innovative and proactive solutions. For our team, we strive to foster an environment of opportunity and collaboration that provides a place to grow. Our values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Responsiveness, Flexibility, Innovation and Optimism drive all that we do.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Bookkeeper to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for recording daily transactions, updating general ledger and trial balances, as well as updating worksheets and assisting the tax and audit departments.
- Recognizing bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Resolving entries, establishing accounts, maintaining financial records
- Maintaining a balanced general ledger, verifying for correctness and accuracy
- Preparing a trial balance for the accounting department and preparing financial reports
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Reconciling accounts, bank statements, credit card loans, payroll liabilities
- Preparing payroll and related federal and state tax returns
- Assisting with tax preparations during tax season—preparing 1099s, reviewing fixed assets, preparing excise tax returns
- Degree in Accounting or similar preferred
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor Certification preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Attention to detail
- Experienced with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with WA State payroll and excise tax regulations